Roof Replacement: Pre-Construction Checklist
Northern Virginia Roofing Company appreciates your decision to trust us with your roofing project. In an effort to make this roofing experience as smooth as possible for you, there are several points we would like to make you aware of.
- Our Production Manager will be contacting you when materials will be delivered and when work is to commence. The salesman can not give a start date.
- Please be at home during the morning hours of the job start date. This will allow us to immediately resolve any unforeseen issues (such as bad plywood or any questions). Also, please be home in the latter stages of your job to do the final inspection and provide payment in full.
- Please ensure that your driveway is clear of automobiles on the day of material delivery and on the day of installation. If you have a car in your garage, it may be blocked by material, please appropriate arrangements for your vehicles.
- Plywood inspection- one or all sheets may need to be replaced.
- There will be considerable vibration due to the removal and installation of your new roof. Please remove all breakables from walls and shelves that may fall due to construction activity.
- Please cover items in the attic with plastic to protect them from any roof debris. There will be a certain amount of debris and/or dust.
- Please move lawn furniture and any other outdoors items away from the tear off area.
- We will install tarps over your shrubbery and bushes to collect this debris for easier clean up.
- If you have a satellite dish on your roof the workers ill take it down and place on your porch or in your backyard for your service provide to remount and adjust.
- Please keep all children and pets inside to ensure they do not wander into the work area.
- If you have a sprinkler system, please ensure it is turned off during working hours.
- Please ensure that all gates are left un-locked.
- Please ensure that a power source is available for the work crew.
- If you have a pool, pond, fountain or other water feature, please cover them to ensure they remain free of any debris.
- Please ensure that there are no tree limbs within 2 feet of the roof.
- We want to emphasize that we are performing heavy construction and there is a possibility that nail pops may occur on the ceiling.
- If you own a townhome or have very close neighbors, it would be wise to notify your neighbors of the roof replacement and inconvenience they may experience.
- Homeowner agrees to allow NVR to use their address and first name in any local advertising in the neighborhood.
Thank you for taking the time to review this information. Our goal is for you to be a completely satisfied customer. Understanding the points mentioned above and taking the appropriate action, will help to ensure a quality project and assist Northern Virginia Roofing in reaching this goal.
If you have any questions- call: (703) 429-4887
Was it helpful to you?