Advantages Of Siding
Quality siding, when properly manufactured and expertly installed by a professional siding contractor Northern Virginia Roofing, will provide added value to your home in several ways:
- Siding creates structural integrity and becomes a protective shell for your home.
- Siding increases R-value, which is a measure of thermal resistance, and is one way of rating the insulating capacity of any given material.
- Properly installed, siding allows moisture to escape, permitting your walls to “breathe.”
- Siding prevents air infiltration. Issues associated with mildew and rot are effectively averted.
- Noise pollution is reduced substantially.
Siding Saves Thousands Over Painting
One of the most compelling arguments for siding your home is the long-term cost of painting. Experts agree that a home’s exterior should be painted at least every seven years, and more often in a climate like we have here in northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC. But painting costs can be excessive, especially if you are forced to repaint again and again. Look how quickly the costs can add up:
COST OF PAINTING A HOME’S EXTERIOR
# of Years 3-Bedroom Home 4-Bedroom Home 4-Bedroom Home w/Deck
Now $9,800-$12,600 $11,500-$14,800 $12,500-$15,800
7 $12,000-$15,050 $13,730-$17,675 $14,925-$18,865
14 $14,325-$17,970 $16,395-$21,100 $17,825-$22,525
21 $17,100-$21,450 $19,575-$25,195 $21,285-$26,895
Total $53,225-$67,070 $61,200-$78,770 $66,535-$84,085
*Assuming a modest 3% inflation rate.
Are you willing to spend $50,000 – $85,000 to keep your home’s exterior looking good? These eye-opening numbers make durable fiber cement or vinyl siding an extremely attractive alternative.
What our customers say about us:
Was it helpful to you?
The roof looks beautiful. The price was fair. The job was started started and completed on time, there were a few hiccups along the way, but everything was resolved. Overall, my wife and I would recommend this company and their products to anyone in need of a new roof.