Roof Replacement in Falls Church, VA
Roof Replacement in Falls Church, VA
Residents of Falls Church, VA are well known for the time and money they put into maintaining and upgrading their homes. You take pride in your home, and want it to look and function at its best. So when you’re taking the time to make home improvements that will do things like lower your energy usage, be sure that you also take the time to look at other important parts of your home – like your roof.
While roof replacement is never something that homeowners like to think of, putting it off could have a major impact on the health, safety, and structure of the rest of your home.
The State of Your Roof
The climate and weather patterns in Falls Church are well known to take a serious toll on your roof. And all of this can lead up to the need for roof replacement. Weather patterns and other effects in your area that could affect how well your roof holds up over time include:
- Hailstorms, which can lead to hailstones dimpling, cracking, and breaking shingles, as well as knocking off and loosening granules that can speed up deterioration.
- High winds, which in Falls Church can be higher than the national average. During a storm, winds have the ability to lift up and tear shingles off your roof, as well as drive rain underneath curling or lifting shingles.
- Falls Church is well known for rainy springs, particularly during the month of May which sees about 4-inches of rainfall each year on average. All that rain can soak and saturate your shingles, which will case them to deteriorate over time. All of that rain can also pool in valleys and slip in cracks to find its way inside.
- Falls Church also gets about 18-inches of snowfall each year. The weight of all that snow on your roof could cause it to sag and buckle. Melting snow can also refreeze on the edges of your roof creating ice dams and forcing water back up under your shingles where it can cause wood rot and mildew.
- Depending on how much shade your roof gets, you could see moss and algae growth contributed to by the rainy springs and wet winters. While moss and algae by themselves are harmless, they can be indicative of a larger problem, particularly because of the way that water and moisture can become trapped beneath the moss, breaking down your shingles.
Roof Repair VS Roof Replacement
A lot of the same issues that can cause your need for roof replacement also cause the need for roof repair. This can lead to some confusion amongst homeowners – do you need to replace your roof or can it just be fixed?
Every roof is different, and in many cases you may be unable to tell if your roof needs repair or replacement just by looking at it yourself. In fact, many of the signs that indicate a problem are nearly identical for both repair and replacement.
The biggest difference is that if your roof needs repair, it’s because the problem is probably localized to one or a few small sections of the roof. A repair can be carried out fairly quickly to stop the problem from spreading any further. It’s when the problem has spread to the majority of the roof that you need a roof replacement.
Call for a Free Estimate
If you’re unsure whether your roof needs repair or replacement give us a call for a free estimate. We’ve been working in Falls Church, VA for more than 50 years, and have one multiple awards for excellence. Give us a call today and let us help you get your roof back into the condition it needs to be in.
Request Your Free Quote!
Was it helpful to you?
Very quick response. The roof repair work was completed on time and in a very professional manner. I can see that they really know what they are doing. There’s no reason not giving them a 5 star rating. 🙂