Roof Repair- Falls Church, VA
Roof Repair- Falls Church, VA
Residents of Falls Church, Virginia have been spending a lot of time working hard to improve their homes in order to improve their energy bills and make their home’s more comfortable. With the average resident spending thousands of dollars each year on home improvements, be sure not to overlook one of the most important – your roof. Roof repair is never something you want to think about, but keeping your roof in good condition can help keep the rest of your home in good condition, too. If your roof starts to deteriorate, it can lead to a lot of problems that could affect your health and the integrity of the rest of your home.
Request Your Free Quote!
The State of Your Roof
The climate and weather patterns in Falls Church are well known to take a serious toll on your roof, necessitating the need for roof repair. A few of the things that can affect how well your roof holds up over time include:
- Hailstorms – hailstones can dimple, crack, and break shingles, as well as knock off granules that can speed up deterioration.
- High winds – the winds in Falls Church are higher than the national average. During a storm, winds could tear shingles off your roof, or drive rain underneath curling or lifting shingles.
- Rainfall – Falls Church is well known for rainy springs, particularly the month of May which sees about 4-inches of rain each year on average. All that rain can lead to soaked shingles, which will deteriorate them over time.
- Snowfall – Falls Church also gets about 18 inches of snow each year on average. The weight of this snow on your roof could cause it to sag and buckle. Melting snow that refreezes on the edges of your roof could also create ice dams, forcing water back up under your shingles and causing rotting wood and mildew.
- Moss and algae growth – depending on how much shade your roof gets, you could see moss and algae growth which is contributed to by the rainy springs and wet winters. While moss and algae by themselves are harmless, they can be indicative of a larger problem, particularly because of the way that water and moisture can become trapped beneath the moss, breaking down your shingles.
What Happens to a Roof That Isn’t Repaired
With all of these factors impacting your roof, it’s only a matter of time before roof repair becomes necessary. If you don’t pay attention and see to your roof’s needs in a timely way, however, it could lead to more serious problems, such as:
- Black mold and mildew spreading through your attic and eating away at the wood
- Rotting wood on your roof deck and in your attic that could compromise the integrity of your home
- Damage to your ceilings, floors, and furnishings if your roof begins to leak
- A full roof replacement, as damage has a tendency to spread over time
Call for Your Free Estimate
At Northern Virginia Roofing and Exteriors, we understand the challenges you face due to the climate in Falls Church. We’ve operated in your area for more than 50 years, and we can help you keep your roof in tip top condition. Call today for a free estimate to get your roof repair work done, and know that your house is in the best possible shape.
Was it helpful to you?