Roof Repair in Annandale, VA
Roof Repair in Annandale, VA
Located in Fairfax County, Annandale, VA knows its fair share of bad weather. With wind speeds higher than the national average, and up to 18-inches of snow per winter, residents of Annandale probably know how important it is to keep your roof in good condition. With so many factors impacting your roof, don’t wait to get the roof repair you need; your home counts on your roof to protect it from the elements, so don’t let a deteriorating roof affect you.
Factors That Impact Your Roof
The climate and weather patterns in Annandale can take a serious toll on your roof over time. A few of the things that can affect how well your roof holds up over time include:
- Whether you have experienced hailstorms – hailstones can dimple, crack, and break shingles, as well as knock off granules that can speed up deterioration.
- High winds – the winds in Annandale are a little higher than average around the country. During a storm, winds could tear shingles off your roof, or drive rain underneath curling or lifting shingles.
- Rainfall – Annandale is well known for rainy springs, particularly the month of May which sees about 4-inches of rain each year on average. All that rain can lead to soaked shingles, which will deteriorate them over time.
- Snow – Annandale also gets about 18 inches of snow each year on average. The weight of this snow on your roof could cause it to sag and buckle. Melting and refreezing snow on the edges of your roof could also create ice dams, which can force water back up under your shingles and cause rotting wood and mildew.
- Moss and mildew growth – depending on where you live and how much shade your roof gets, you could see mold and mildew growth which is contributed to by the rainy springs and wet winters. While moss and algae by themselves don’t harm your roof, they can be indicative of a larger problem, particularly because of the way that water and moisture can become trapped beneath the moss, breaking down your shingles.
Signs That You Need Roof Repair Work Done
With all of these factors contributing to roof deterioration, it helps to take the time twice a year to conduct a roof inspection. While you look at your roof, take note of the following signs that roof repair work needs to be done. If you spot any, be sure to call for a free estimate to find out how you can keep your roof in good repair.
- Water stains, mold, mildew, or signs of wood rot on the underside of your attic roof
- Cracked, blistered, broken, or missing shingles on your roof
- Shingles with curling corners
- Missing caulk from around your flashing
- Mold or algae growth on your roof
- Excessive amounts of shingle granules in your gutters
Call for Your Free Estimate
At Northern Virginia Roofing and Exteriors, we understand the challenges you face due to the climate in Fairfax County. We’ve operated in your area for more than 50 years, and we can help you keep your roof in tip top condition. Call today for a free estimate to get your roof repair work done, and know that your house is in the best possible shape.
Request Your Free Quote!
Was it helpful to you?
We were very impressed with Dave Will who responded quickly to our roof leak and did a thorough repair job. You are fortunate to have him on your team. Thumbs up with the work! 🙂