What To Expect Before Your Appointment- FAQ
Q: Can you give me an estimate over the phone?
A: Homeowners often ask us if we could give them an estimate over the phone, and although we can give an estimate over the phone- it’s going to be wrong (either too high or too low). We have found that when we do give estimates over the phone it sets improper expectations and it never ends well. So to get the most accurate estimate, we need to measure and physically look at your property. It is also best to have a decision maker to be at home at that time
Q: Do I have to be at home during the estimate?
A: Yes, it is best for all the decision makers to be home during the visit, this saves time for you and the representative because there are many choices on products and there will be a lot of questions answered as well. If the representative only goes out to your home once, it saves us time which saves money which we pass on to our customers.
Q: How long will the appointment last?
A: It usually lasts an hour and a half- it can be shorter or longer depending on how many questions you have.
Q: Will the representative bring samples?
A: Yes, we will bring several samples for you to choose from. We believe it’s our job to thoroughly educate you in the product(s) you are interested in. Samples and pictures are the easiest way to show you the pros and cons of multiple products.
Q: Do I have to sign the contract the same day?
A: You do not have to sign the contract the same day, however if you are comfortable with the our company, the product, the price and warranty, then we will have paperwork available for you to sign that same day.
Q: How soon can you do the work?
A: This depends on your project and if you have special order materials and how soon the manufacturer can get them delivered. As a general rule of thumb, on most projects we can get them completed within 1 week. Remember you always have to take into consideration weather as well. If we have a week of rain, then of course it would push your job out further.
Q: Is the salesman going to be pushy?
A: We don’t want a pushy salesman in our house so we won’t send a pushy salesman to yours. We believe a representative’s job is to educate the customer and alleviate any concerns they may have. If our representative accomplishes this- then we believe the representative has done his/her job properly.
Q: Can you provide references?
A: Yes, we have over 40,000 satisfied customer from over 50 years in business. We can provide you with lots of references 🙂
Q: How long you have been in business?
A: We have been family owned and operated since 1963, serving 3 different generations of families in the DC metro area.
Q: Why should I trust your company?
A: Here are 4 reasons why you should trust Northern Virginia Roofing:
- We stand behind our work: the warranties that we offer are truly the best and longest in the industry. In fact some warranties are held by the manufacturer and cover all labor and material for 25 years, no questions asked.
- Our company’s longevity: we have completed over 40,000 successful projects over 50 year period. We have had the same phone number since 1980… we are not going anywhere!
- Northern Virginia Roofing has received over 30 national awards for Training, Installation and Consumer protection and has been awarded the “President’s Club Award” multiple times. This puts us in the top 1% of all contractors in the entire country.
- Our deep roots and leadership in the community, some of which include the Pentagon Project (we were responsible for replacing the damaged roof at the Pentagon after the 911 attacks at no expense to the taxpayers), ABC-TV show Extreme Home Makeover (where we installed a new metal roof for the Tripp family for free). Click here to learn about these and other community projects.
Q: Do you have any lawsuits against you?
Q: Are any federal or local agencies investigating your company?
Q: What is your Better Business Bureau rating?
Q: What separates your company from other companies in the industry?
- Our transparency as a company and our commitment to educating our customer on what’s best them not what’s best for the company.
- The outstanding staff and crews (many of them have over 20 years of experience),
- Our commitment to competitive pricing and our award winning product and warranties.
Q: Is your licence and insurance policy current?
A: Yes, our licence and insurance policies are both current. We have a class A licence (which is the highest in the industry) and our insurance policies are among the highest in the industry.
Here is the insurance coverage that we have:
- $1,000,000 liability coverage.
- $500,000 workers compensation coverage
- $1,000,000 automotive coverage
- $5,000,000 umbrella policy which covers anything above and beyond the above stated limits.
Click here to view/print a copy of our insurance coverage. Please let us know if you want to be listed as an additionally insured on our policy.
Q: Do your employees undergo a background check?
A: Yes, all employees undergo background checks before they are hired.
Q: Do you offer financing?
A: Yes, we offer different types of financing whether it’s low monthly payments, same as cash no payments for a year, we are sure we can a program that works best for your family.
Q: What’s average pricing in this area?
A: It’s hard to give an average price in this area because you could be talking about 1br condo or a 6000 sq ft single family home. But I can give ranges from small, medium and large homes:
- A small for roofing could range from $3,000 to $5,000
- A medium size home would range from $9000 to $20,000
- Large homes could range from $20,000 to $50,000.
Depending on the style of roof chosen.
- A small house siding could range from $4,000 to $8,000
- Medium size home could range from $10,000 to $20,000
- Large homes could range from $20,000 to $40,000
Depending on the siding type chosen.
- A small home could range from $450 to $1,200
- Medium size home could range from $1,200 to $3,000
- Large home could range from $3,000 to $6,500
Depending on the type of gutter chosen.
Pricing for one window ranges from the quality of the window: good, better or best.
- A good window would cost $400 to $700 per window
- A better window would cost $700 to $950 per window
- The best window would cost $1,000 to $2,000 per window
First quarter of 2015 pricing.
If you have a question that wasn’t addressed in this video or below- please click on the button below the video and I will make sure to answer the question and add it to the questions below.
Thanks again for choosing Northern Virginia Roofing!
We are looking forward to working on your project!
Was it helpful to you?